Aldactone is the brand formulation of spironolactone and it is used in the treatment of swelling that is caused by the fluid accumulation due to heart failure or liver disease. It belongs to a class of potassium-sparing diuretics drugs and it is also utilized in the treatment of blood pressure and low concentration of potassium in the blood where there is no improvement when taken with the usual supplements. You can buy Aldactone Generic online, as it can also be used to provide treatment associated with hormone replacement therapy in transwomen, excessive hair growth and early puberty in the female gender. When the medicine is taken by kidney or liver problem patients, extra care has to be administered.
Is there any difference between Aldactone Brand and Generic?
There are minimal differences when the brand Aldactone and spironolactone are compared. It is possible to get a generic form of Aldactone at a cheaper price when compared to the branded counterpart. Both the formulations of Aldactone are used in the treatment of high blood pressure, poly cystic ovarian syndrome, and acne but spironolactone can also be used in the treatment of male pattern baldness or hair loss
Aldactone dosage information and instructions
Aldactone is available in various dosages as 25mg, 50mg, and 100mg. The dosage of the medicine depends on the medical condition for which the person is on treatment. When it is prescribed for the treatment of extreme tension either 50mg or 100mg of this pill is prescribed. For heart failure patients’ lower dose of this pill is prescribed and that can be changed based on the behavior of the drug on the persons’ body. To avoid frequent urination at bed times, it is advised to take the medicine earlier post meal. The pill is typically taken with water but if an individual experiences the condition of stomach upset he can take the med with milk or food.
Precautions to be kept in mind before taking Aldactone?
A person taking Aldactone is supposed to follow the below-mentioned cautions.
- The major safety measure that a person must pursue while he is on treatment with Aldactone is to avoid alcohol intake.
- As Aldactone is utilized in the treatment of hypertension, blood tests should be taken often.
- As Aldactone may result in impaired thinking an individual, taking Aldactone is not supposed to involve in any activities that require attention.
- Aldactone is not advised to be taken along with potassium supplement drugs as they are found to increase the potassium level and lead to abnormality in heart rhythms.
- Aldactone should not be taken by pregnant women.
What are the possible side effects of Aldactone?
Even though Aldactone is very effective in treating high blood pressure, there are some possible side effects that occur while taking this drug. Some of them are listed below
- Stomach cramps
- Erectile dysfunction
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Bloody stools
- Hallucination and lack of coordination due to low sodium effect
- Slow pulse rate as a result of high potassium level
It is not necessary to worry as they happen only in the initial stage. But if the condition becomes severe or prevails for a prolonged duration, the person should consult his physician immediately. The doctor may put him on a different dose of Aldactone for improvement in the treatment.