Amlodipine and Atorvastatin Information
What is this drug used for?
• It is used to treat high blood pressure.
• It is used to lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol (HDL).
• It is used to lower triglycerides.
• It is used to treat some types of chest pain (angina).
• It is used to lower the chance of heart attack, stroke, and death in some people.
• It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Possible side effects
Amlodipine and Atorvastatin may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
• Joint pain.
• Upset stomach.
• Nose or throat irritation.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• Trouble sleeping.
• Pain in arms or legs.
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment:
• Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs of a urinary tract infection (UTI) like blood in the urine, burning or pain when passing urine, feeling the need to pass urine often or right away, fever, lower stomach pain, or pelvic pain.
• Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
• Very bad dizziness or passing out.
• Shortness of breath, a big weight gain, or swelling in the arms or legs.
• Chest pain that is new or worse.
• Stiff muscles, shakiness, or muscle movements that are not normal.
• This drug may cause muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness. Sometimes, a very bad muscle problem may happen that may lead to kidney problems. Rarely, deaths have happened in people who get these problems when taking drugs like this one. Call your doctor right away if you have muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness that is not normal (with or without fever or feeling out of sorts). Call your doctor right away if you have muscle signs that last after your doctor has told you to stop taking this drug.
• Very bad and sometimes deadly liver problems have happened with this drug. Call your doctor right away if you have signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
Storage and Stability
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
See individual agents.