Filagra Oral Jelly general information
What is Filagra Oral Jelly used for?
Filagra Oral Jelly 100mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men, which is inability to achieve or maintain a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity, due to insufficient blood flow into the penis. Filagra Oral Jelly relaxes the blood vessels in the penis increasing blood flow and causing an erection, which is the natural response to sexual stimulation. However, Filagra Oral Jelly will only work if you are sexually aroused. Filagra Oral Jelly 100 available as single dose individual sachets in various flavours including banana, pineapple, orange strawberry and vanilla.
How does Filagra Oral Jelly work?
Filagra Oral Jelly 100mg contains sildenafil, a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor. Sildenafil Sildenafil in Filagra Oral Jelly acts on the erectile tissue of the penis to increase blood flow into the penis, which is needed to cause an erection. During sexual stimulation nitric oxide is released in the erectile tissue of the penis which activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme increases levels of a chemical called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), which relaxes the blood vessels in the penis and allows blood to fill the spongy erectile tissues to cause an erection. Another enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) breaks down cGMP preventing blood flow into the penis, which causes loss of an erection. Sildenafil in Filagra Oral Jelly inhibits the action of PDE5 which resolves erectile dysfunction by allowing the natural process of sexual stimulation to activate the cGMP mechanism for achieving and maintaining an erection. Filagra Oral Je
lly is faster acting that in tablet form as it is absorbed into the blood more rapidly, being effective with 20-45 minutes.
How long does Filagra Oral Jelly last?
Filagra Oral Jelly should be taken within an hour of planned sex and in most cases it helps you to get an erection in about 30 minutes that will last for around 4 hours, provided you are sexually excited. Filagra Oral Jelly does not work if you are not aroused.
What does Filagra Oral Jelly contain?
Filagra Oral Jelly contains the active ingredient sildenafil citrate (100mg/5gm), a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor used to treat erectile dysfunction in men.
Treating erectile dysfunction (impotence) with Filagra Oral Jelly
Filagra Oral Jelly 100mg contains sildenafil, a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, used to treat erectile dysfunction in men (impotence). When taken before planned sexual activity, Filagra Oral Jelly inhibits the breakdown (by the enzyme PDE5) of a chemical called cGMP, produced in the erectile tissue of the penis during sexual arousal, and this action allows blood flow into the penis causing and maintaining an erection. Filagra Oral Jelly is faster acting that in tablet form as it is absorbed into the blood more rapidly, being effective with 20-45 minutes.
What are the side effects of Filagra Oral Jelly?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Filagra Oral Jelly include, headache, dizziness, flushing, indigestion, nasal congestion, diarrhoea, rash. More serious side effects include unusual heartbeat, urinary tract infection (stinging or burning urine, more frequent need to pass urine), blood in the urine, changes in vision such as blurring, a blue colour to your vision or a greater awareness of light, persistent headache or fainting, bleeding from the nose.
When should Filagra Oral Jelly not be used?
You should not use Filagra Oral Jelly 10mg if you:
- are allergic to sildenafil or any ingredients in Filagra Oral Jelly
- are taking any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina, as it may lead to a severe drop in blood pressure
- have a condition where sexual intercourse inadvisable due to cardiovascular or heart problems or you have had a heart attack or stroke in the last 6 months
- have liver disease
- have abnormally high or low blood pressure
- have an eye disease like non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION), which causes loss of vision or if you have retinitis pigmentosa
- are taking medication that may interact with Filagra Oral Jelly or may increase your risk for side-effects, including cimetidine for treating ulcers, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure), ritonavir or saquinavir (for HIV), itraconazole or ketaconazole for fungal infections, alpha-blockers like doxazosin for high blood pressure
What medications interact with Filagra Oral Jelly?
Several medications interact with Filagra Oral Jelly 100mg and should either not be taken while you are taking Filagra Oral Jelly or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that cause a serious reaction with Filagra Oral Jelly: any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina
- Drugs that affect Filagra Oral Jelly: cimetidine for treating ulcers, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, itraconazole or ketaconazole (for fungal infections), ritonavir or saquinavir (for HIV)
- Drugs that are affected by Filagra Oral Jelly: alpha-blockers like doxazosin for high blood pressure
How should Filagra Oral Jelly be taken?
You should take your Filagra Oral Jelly 100mg approximately one hour before sexual activity (between 0.5 and 4 hours) and without food. Squeeze the contents of a single sachet onto a spoon and swallow then drink a glass of water. If you have a large meal before taking your Filagra Oral Jelly it may take longer to work. Filagra Oral Jelly is effective for 4-6 hours and you should take no more than sachet per day and only if you plan to have sex.
How long should you take Filagra Oral Jelly?
You should only take Filagra Oral Jelly when you plan to have sex; it is not intended as a regular medication.
How should Filagra Oral Jelly be stored?
You should store your Filagra Oral Jelly below 25°C in a cool dry place.