What is this drug used for?
• It is used to treat psoriasis.
• It is used to treat a type of lymphoma that affects the skin.
• It is used to treat white patches on your skin (vitiligo).
Possible side effects
Methoxsalen may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
• Skin irritation.
• Upset stomach.
• Feeling nervous and excitable.
• Trouble sleeping.
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment:
• Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Change in color or size of a mole.
• Low mood (depression).
• A skin lump or growth.
• Very bad dizziness or passing out.
• Change in eyesight.
Product Availability (US)
Oxsoralen has been discontinued in the US for more than 1 year.
Frequency not defined.
Dermatologic: Burning sensation of skin, erythema, skin blister, skin irritation