What is this drug used for?
• It is used to lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol (HDL).
• It is used to lower triglycerides.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
• Common cold symptoms
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
• Liver problems like dark urine, fatigue, lack of appetite, nausea, abdominal pain, light-colored stools, vomiting, or yellow skin
• Unable to pass urine
• Change in amount of urine passed
• Muscle pain
• Muscle tenderness
• Muscle weakness
• Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
(ez ET i mibe & SIM va stat in)
Medication Safety Issues
Vytorin may be confused with Vyvanse
Storage and Stability
Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F).
Also see individual agents.
Central nervous system: Headache
Hepatic: Increased serum ALT
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Limb pain, myalgia, myopathy
Respiratory: Upper respiratory infection