What is this drug used for?
• It is used to treat migraine headaches.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
• Loss of strength and energy
• Sensation of warmth
• Dry mouth
• Nasal irritation
• Change in taste
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
• Heart attack like chest pain; pain in arms, back, neck, jaw, or abdomen; shortness of breath; cold sweats; severe dizziness; passing out; or severe nausea or vomiting
• Severe cerebrovascular disease like change in strength on one side is greater than the other, difficulty speaking or thinking, change in balance, or vision changes
• Severe or persistent headache
• Vision changes
• Severe dizziness
• Passing out
• Severe abdominal pain
• Bloody stools
• Weight loss
• Leg cramps
• Feeling of heaviness in legs
• Sensation of cold
• Burning or aching in feet or toes
• Shortness of breath
• Mood changes
• Burning or numbness feeling
• Serotonin syndrome like dizziness, severe headache, agitation, sensing things that seem real but are not, fast heartbeat, abnormal heartbeat, flushing, tremors, sweating a lot, change in balance, severe nausea, or severe diarrhea
• Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
(zohl mi TRIP tan)
Medication Safety Issues
ZOLMitriptan may be confused with SUMAtriptan
Store at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). Protect tablets from light and moisture.
Cardiovascular: Cardiac arrhythmia, chest pain, chest pressure, facial edema, hypertension, palpitations, syncope, tachycardia
Central nervous system: Agitation, amnesia, anxiety, nervousness, chills, depersonalization, depression, dizziness (more common in adults), drowsiness, emotional lability, flushing sensation, headache, hyperesthesia, hypoesthesia, insomnia, local alterations in temperature sensations, myasthenia, pain, paresthesia, sensation of pressure, vertigo
Dermatologic: Application site irritation (nasal spray), diaphoresis, pruritus, skin rash, urticaria
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, dyspepsia, dysphagia, nausea (more common in adults) , unpleasant taste (more common in adults), vomiting, xerostomia
Genitourinary: Urinary frequency, urinary urgency
Hypersensitivity: Hypersensitivity reaction
Local: Application site irritation, local pain (neck/throat/jaw)
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Arthralgia, myalgia, weakness
Respiratory: Bronchitis, constriction of the pharynx, cough, dyspnea, epitaxis, laryngeal edema, nasal discomfort (nasal spray), pharyngitis, pressure on pharynx, rhinitis, sinusitis
Rare but important or life-threatening: Amblyopia, anaphylactoid reaction, anaphylaxis, angina pectoris, ataxia, atrial fibrillation, bradycardia, breast carcinoma, breast neoplasm, cerebral ischemia, confusion, convulsions, coronary artery vasospasm, cyanosis, erythema multiforme, fibrocystic breast disease, gastrointestinal carcinoma, gastrointestinal infarction, gastrointestinal necrosis, genitourinary neoplasm, hallucination, hepatic neoplasm, hypertensive crisis, hyperthyroidism, infection, intestinal obstruction, ischemic colitis, ischemic heart disease, mania, myocardial infarction, neoplasm, pneumonia, psychosis, pyelonephritis, seizure, serotonin syndrome, sialadenitis, skin neoplasm, splenic infarction, tardive dyskinesia, urinary tract infection, uterine fibroid enlargement, vaginitis, vasodilation, ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, visual field defect
There are no reviews yet.