What is this drug used for?
• It is used to treat skin irritation.
• It is used to treat skin rashes.
• It is used to treat scalp psoriasis.
• It is used to treat plaque psoriasis.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
• Dry skin
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
• High blood sugar like confusion, fatigue, increased thirst, increased hunger, passing a lot of urine, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit
• Cushing syndrome like weight gain in upper back or abdomen; moon face; severe headache; or slow healing
• Adrenal gland problems like severe nausea, vomiting, severe dizziness, passing out, muscle weakness, severe fatigue, mood changes, lack of appetite, or weight loss
• Skin changes like acne, stretch marks, slow healing, or hair growth
• Skin thinning
• Vision changes
• Eye pain
• Severe eye irritation
• Severe skin irritation
• Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Patient should consult prescriber for additional questions.
(kloe BAY ta sol)
Medication Safety Issues
Clobex [US, Canada, and multiple international markets] may be confused with Codex brand name for Saccharomyces boulardii [Italy]
Cloderm: Brand name for clobetasol [China, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand], but also brand name for alclometasone [Indonesia]; clocortolone [US, Canada]; clotrimazole [Germany]
Generic Availability: US
May be product dependent
Storage and Stability
Cream, emollient cream, lotion, ointment: Store between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F); do not refrigerate or freeze.
Emollient foam, foam: Store between 20ºC and 25ºC (68ºF and 77ºF); do not expose to temperatures >49°C (120°F). Avoid fire, flame, or smoking during and immediately following application.
Gel: Store between 2°C and 30°C (36°F and 86°F).
Shampoo: Store between 20°C and 25°C (68°F and 77°F); excursions permitted between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F)
Solution: Do not use near an open flame.
Cormax: Store between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
Temovate: Store between 4°C to 25°C (39°F to 77°F).
Spray: Store at room temperature; do not expose to temperatures >30°C (86°F). Do not freeze or refrigerate. Spray is flammable; do not use near open flame.
Central nervous system: Headache, local discomfort, localized burning, numbness of fingers
Dermatologic: Eczema (pruritus hiemalis), erythema, folliculitis, hypopigmentation, local acneiform eruptions, pruritus, skin atrophy, skin fissure, stinging of skin, telangiectasia, urticaria, xeroderma
Endocrine & metabolic: HPA-axis suppression
Local: Application site edema, application site reaction, local irritation
Respiratory: Nasopharyngitis, streptococcal pharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection
Rare but important or life-threatening: Alopecia, application site induration, atrophic striae, cataract, contact dermatitis, Cushing syndrome, dermatitis, desquamation, exacerbation of psoriasis, excoriation, exfoliation of skin, eye irritation, glaucoma, hypertrichosis, increased intraocular pressure, indurated plaques of the skin, lichenoid eruption, miliaria, papule, perioral dermatitis, retinopathy (central serous), scalp pustules, scalp tightness, secondary infection, skin pain, skin rash, skin tenderness (scalp), tingling of skin (scalp)
There are no reviews yet.